Thursday, May 17, 2007

Can(not) Stick with It

If all I had to write this moment could be a one-liner, then it may change the very next moment or moments later.

Such is the impermanence I live with. I’ve tried to grapple with it; but somehow, stability seems to elude me, even if I don’t wish to do so.

It is said that staring at one point or startled by one thing for too long can harm the eye’s vision with illusions. Perhaps, this is an unconscious undercurrent that is destabilizing my thought every time I want to hold it onto some thing.

That doesn’t mean that there aren’t permanent things. There are. But they cannot be known by the buzz they create, but by the silences they inspire.

A silence that suspends you from the surrounding world and succumbs the soul to a solitude where you reflect and connect the thoughts that such permanent things invoke.

No comments: